Thursday, June 2

My View From The Room

Howdy. I guess I should explain why I named this blog the way I did. It's really rather simple. I view the world from behind the sliding glass doors in my living room. I am what they generally call a Chronic Pain Patient. I have Crohn's Disease, a bubbling skin disease called EBA (Epidermolysis Bullosa Acquisita) that 4 out of every million people with Crohn's get and Fibromyalgia. Due to the diseases, I am for the most part homebound and my waking hours are spent online doing something to keep me busy. My computer desk sits next to the sliding glass windows that lead out onto a big balcony, thus the name of this blog.

It's more than a window, it's my view to the rest of the world as I sit here every day. I can see the beautiful, tall buildings of uptown Phoenix thru it and watch the wild birds I feed out on the balcony every day. My window brings me great joy or great sadness, depending on my mood.

I decided to make this blog, so I have a place to talk about my life, or lack thereof. I don't think people who've never been chronically ill realize what's it like to be stuck inside day after day after day. If I can help explain what goes thru the head of someone such as myself, then my goal will be accomplished and you will truly appreciate your life so much more.

I hope I don't bore anyone to death or offend. If I do, it's not intentional. I've never been known for being politically correct, I tend to call things as I see them.

LC



My view from the room.

2 Comments:

Blogger PETER RAMIREZ said...

LC,

Yours is a very interesting blog. Thanks for posting a comment on mine. It is encouraging to know real people read you. God bless.

Peter

5:40 PM  
Blogger LComeno said...

You have a nice blog Peter. I'm glad I came across it. Thanks for posting on mine too and saying hi.

Hope you enjoyed my weather report post. LOL. I have a feeling we'll be a little warmer here than 0 degrees on Thursday though, don't you?

LC

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home